Re: Rotary encoder switch info needed

SCMenasian

It looks like this encoder is arranged in 4 decks. My approach would be to look for a unique pin on each deck which is switched to more than one other pin as the shaft is rotated. This should be easy with an ohmmeter. If successful, I would assume that that pin is a common and connect it, through a resistor, to a voltage supply. Then, I would connect an LED from each of the other pins to ground (with the correct polarity. of course). apply the voltage and observe the result as the shaft is rotated. If you're lucky, this will give you what you want for each deck.