Re: Good storage solution for collection of 500-series plugins?

-

I agree that it's a good idea but unless it's something that I'm going
to leave for a LONG time I seldom bother and I've never had a problem. I've
stored Tek and other electronics for five plus years in silver bags and all
of it has been fine. I have ammo that has been stored in ammo cans without
desiccant since I reloaded it in the 1960s and it still looks and shoots
like new. In fact, I even have some WW-II US made MIL ammo that still looks
and shoots fine. This is in Florida heat and humidity. As long as
everything is DRY when I seal it, nothing that I've sealed up seems to
deteriorate. But a word of caution, regular ziploc bags are just about
worthless except for keeping the dust off. Moisture passes right through
them.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 1:43 PM Roy Thistle <roy.thistle@mail.utoronto.ca>
wrote:

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 12:30 PM, - wrote:

I store my plugins in one of the silver colored ziplock anti static bags
If one is going to do that, either displace the air with dry nitrogen
gas... which I assume everyone has... or put in a new (or properly
salvaged) desiccant bag.
Here in the colonies, the military always seems to put them in.
If you don't... unless you live in the Mojave Desert.. you might regret it.

--
Roy Thistle