Re: OT Chip Quik - which one to choose

Shirley Dulcey KE1L

The OP is in Israel; I don't know what availability of Amazon delivery is
there. ChipQuik products are available a number of ways: Amazon, major
electronics distributors, and ChipQuik's own website.

Another product of theirs that I like is the room temperature stable solder
paste, which is available in three alloys: 63/37, SAC305, and low
temperature bismuth.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 4:30 PM Larry McDavid <lmcdavid@lmceng.com> wrote:

Amazon has these ChipQuik kits for about the same price and with free
Prime delivery.

Larry

On 4/19/2021 12:35 PM, Shirley Dulcey KE1L wrote:
What you're looking for is ChipQuik alloy. If you've never used it, the
simplest way to start is to buy one of the small kits for desoldering;
they
include a small spool of desoldering wire and some flux. There are
versions
with and without lead.

Lead-free SMD1NL:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Chip-Quik/SMD1NL?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtyU1cDF2
Leaded SMD1:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Chip-Quik/SMD1?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtyU1cDF2RqUEx4HVIhVm2RxvaiiXwXOtA%3D

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 3:24 PM Harvey White <madyn@dragonworks.info>
wrote:

I use ChipQuik SMDLTLFP.

Applies best when the chip is slightly warm, otherwise the paste will
ball up.

Harvey

On 4/19/2021 2:28 PM, M Yachad wrote:
I've never used this special low-temp solder to remove SMD IC's.

I 'm game to try it.

Here is Mouser's inventory.

Exactly which one is the correct low-temp solder?

https://www.mouser.co.il/Chip-Quik/Tools-Supplies/Soldering/Solder/_/N-b11qq?P=1yzt5jo

Thanks

Menahem

--