Re: 2246 Flex PCB Interconnect - How Do You Disconnect Them Without Damaging Them?

Roger Evans

I hope someone will correct me if this is incorrect, I repaired a 2245A a couple of years ago which I then sold on. If these are the white ribbon cables with no obvious moulded on end connectors then they are just a push fit and need a little release agent such as IPA before pulling them out either with fingers or long nose pliers, trying to grip as much of the width of the cable as possible.

Beware the snap fit plastic connectors holding some of the boards together, particularly the front panel processor board. You need to _exactly_ reverse the disassembly sequence or the plastic locking button will break off!

Regards,

Roger