Re: 465 Missing a Few Components

Dave Peterson

Could you clarify Raymond?

Why does the early SM that I have, have no circuitry from the transformer nor CRT mesh pin (pin 12) in the "CRT CIRCUIT" diagram?

I'm not doubting what you say - you clearly have experience in these matters. As I noted, I haven't looked into this in detail on the scope I have (SN177xxx). What is the history? Why not in the manual if all scopes have it? I'm trying to learn these details, so you're insight is appreciated.
Dave

On Monday, April 5, 2021, 02:54:34 PM PDT, Raymond Domp Frank <hewpatek@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, AprĀ  5, 2021 at 11:44 PM, Dave Peterson wrote:

The early 465s don't have a mesh in the tube according to my SMs.
Oh yes, they definitely do.

I don't know if my SN<250K does or doesn't.
So yes, it does. The mesh not only increases the CRT's deflection sensitivity, it unfortunately also increases the spot size. A lot of development has been done after these first efforts. Later versions of the 465 used modified CRT's, resulting in slightly sharper traces. Other improvements helped that.

Raymond