Re: 465 Missing a Few Components

Stephen

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 10:45 AM, Raymond Domp Frank wrote:

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 11:23 PM, Stephen wrote:

It’s a European made scope, so the serial number starts with 70xxxxx.
Actually, Tektronix had factories in three locations in Europe:
Units with serial numbers starting with 1 were made in Guernsey (Channel
Islands)
Units with serial numbers starting with 2 were made in London (UK)
Units with serial numbers starting with 7 were made in Heerenveen
(Netherlands)

Unfortunately, there is no way to cross-reference serial numbers between
factories; each used their own serialization.

Have a look for the main board number; it should have the form of 670-xxxx-yy
and is usually located near the Beam Finder switch.

Raymond
Indeed. I also found that, European made models are often closer to higher serial numbers in the US.
Board serial number is GC-2773-06. That’s all there is that I can see.

https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/photo/262670/0?p=Created,,,50,2,0,0

If the link doesn’t work, scroll through the pictures.

Also, that resistor and solder joint next to it, don’t look to good. They seem to have been to hell and back...