Re: 556

John Williams

Hi Bill. As owner of some 556 scopes I have had some experiences during their restoration. They are pretty well engineered and I would say ultra reliable. The only area I would caution about is the tunnel diode sweep triggering. I had one unit that I just could not get to trigger and wound up parting it. The other thing might be to get some spare tubes. There are a couple of unusual ones in there that are unique to this scope. A final word of advice would be not to drop it on your foot. Otherwise good luck.