Re: A6302/P6302 current clamp questions and parts.

Albert Otten

Here is another attempt. Tekwiki again. Picture of plug with cap removed and strain relief pulled out a few mm. I didn't take the risk to dismantle the plug any further. The thicker rubber cannot go further in then halfway the inner metal part with the flats. I think the rubber is long enough to get compressed when the cap is screwed on. It might be that the thicker rubber is not part of the sleeve itself, difficult to see.
I made a test plug with an original Amphenol 185-9 plug. There a short rubber bus goes in followed by a short metal bus. The metal bus gets pressed in by the cap and then compresses the rubber. (This is at least the way I thought it was intended.)

Albert

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 08:57 PM, Albert Otten wrote:

Ah yes, I was too quick because I remembered that photo I took years ago. I
made the special test plug but that was without the strain relieve. I guess
the inner part of the official strain relieve gets compressed (to less inner
diameter) when the end ring is screwed inward.
Albert

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 07:58 PM, Jared Cabot wrote:

Thanks for that but it's actually the big metal plug that attaches to the
AM503 module that I'm looking for photos of.

Jared.