Re: 2nd life for a 575 after resting for 30+ years in the attic #photo-notice

John

Joe:
congratulations, and I hope you enjoy using this wonderful piece of test equipment. I had a very simlar experience with a 575 which I bought "blind" on an auction site a couple of years ago (not Ebay). I've managed to retain the HV electrolytics, but changed all the black jobbies. On my unit, there were quite a few tired valves/tubes: in particular the triodes used as HT regulators. Oh, and the fan bearings were sticky with old green oil, so the fan would not run until things got hot. It took some effort to completely clean the oilite bearings.
John