Re: Recapping Tektronix 2465

Mark Vincent

Ozan,

I do know these can be swapped in some manuals. I made sure to change the parts one at a time to make sure. It is good to remind us to keep from blowing parts. Anyone of us can make a mistake somewhere.

One thing that I have not seen mentioned, although it may have in the past, is using shielded mains cords to reduce noise. I have these on things that use IEC cords. Computers, monitors, SMPS, being near enough to a-m/s-w/ssb transmitter, etc. generate noise that can interfere with other things. The shielding does help with the noise. I will use shielded cords on things as a replacement on other things that are or should be grounded.

Mark