Re: Recapping Tektronix 2465

Mark Vincent

iv3ddm

C1132 would be 160V. C1120 can be 100V. C1130 would be 160V. If you want to use the original values of capacitance, fine. They can be higher capacitance if you want. C1101 and C1102 would be 25V. If I put 16V numbers there, it was my mistake. In mine, I used 16V or 25V types (I do not have mine open at this time) for the 5V supplies and 35V for the 15V supplies. These I had in stock along with some other parts. I ordered what I needed. The 330mfd Mr. Yachad says to use, I did. The kit he sells is nice. He is exactly right about the film caps! Replace those! The X1 and Y1 can be used if you want even higher voltage capacity than the 2 types. In mine, the 1 types are 400-500VAC types. A 2 type can replace a 1 type. A 2 type is not recommended to replace a 1 type. The ones Mr. Yachad uses are also an excellent/ideal choice. If you are on 230-240V mains, the higher voltage caps are best. If you have not already done so, go to Mr. Yachad's site about 2465B recapping. I used that site as a reference do to mine. It was my first time working on this model. I did notice in mine the two 39meg resistors (R710 and R910) on the bottom board were high, 45 and 50meg, and the 100meg on the high voltage board was 170meg. They are now 40 and 100meg respectively. I could not get 39meg without a long string of resistors. Mine also did not have R1010 and R1019 across the NTCs. That was factory done.

Mark