Re: How to explain how negative feedback lowers noise?

pheilman

Odd, when I was in school we were taught that negative feedback amplifiers
were invented at Bell Labs. By Harold Black. In 1927, on the ferry.

All amplifiers add noise to the signal as it passes through, negative
feedback amplifiers minimize the added noise. The excess gain of the
amplifier is traded for lower noise and lower distortion.

Removing noise from the incoming signal is beyond the ability of an
amplifier, this is more in the realm of a filter.

--Paul