2440 and 2465B battery/ram replacement

Mark Vincent

I have both of these and would like to get these replaced with the new
style of chip that does not need the back-up battery. The (real) 2465B is
still good. I do not know how long it will keep the data before becoming
dead. The 2440 needs replacing. I know these original devices will go bad
soon. I do not have or access to a programmer. I know I have the newer A5
board in the B with S/N 063838 (1994). I am in the mid-Atlantic area of the
US. The caps and resistors in both have already been done. Mr. Yachad's
2465B site was used. Thank you Mr Yachad. I do not know what I would send.
The whole piece, board, what. Is there anyone willing to do this and give
me a price on these? I do not know if calibration is needed after the chip
replacement. I know enough people in this group are good to expert at using
and knowing the 2465B features. I got this one because of the praise it
gets.

The 2440 I have used some. The B is recent and I need to learn the
features. This is new to me. I am used to the 7000 series and older. The
2440 has some FAIL modes. I think the CCDs are good. It likely needs
calibration to clear the fail. This one still shows signals like should. I
know I need to learn what all this one can do when it is working right.

I have adjusted the power supplies to within a couple of mV to exact
of the adjustments on each scope. I do this on other models as well.

If anyone wants to contact in private, you can use the email. I will
give my telephone number in a private email if any want it. That is a much
faster way to get me and discuss anything necessary.

Mark