Re: Recapping Tektronix 2465

Jim Adney

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 02:06 AM, M Yachad wrote:

I do have kits available, which I custom assemble, to suit your EXACT machine.
I'll need CLEAR photos of your A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A9 A14 PCB's

Saves you the time and hassle of sorting and sourcing, and wondering if you
made the correct choices.

Here's the ebay ad
https://www.ebay.com/itm/252865418970

Forum members who buy via my contact directly here (NOT via ebay), get a 15%
discount.
That's a VERY well thought-out, well-written ebay ad. Anyone here who's trying to recap one of those scopes should just take advantage of the 15% discount for TekScopes members and buy one of these kits directly.

One question: The caps in the grey and red rectangular boxes, I thought those were film caps. Why would they need to be replaced? Do those have a history of failint? I have some boards from the '60s with Wima film caps like those. Those Wima caps are al still good.

Or did Tek use something less reliable than Wima?