Re: Beware of old AntiStatic foam

Individual responses to butyric acids vary... it's in US chocolate (highest in Hershey's I think), so Europeans have been known to comment that it smells like vomit to them. Not to me! I also have a drawer full of Craftsman screwdrivers and although there is a definite odor, I don't find it unpleasant.

At the risk of aggravating the thread drift, I have replaced the batteries in many of my infrequently-used test equipment with lithium AA cells (expiration dates up to 2035 from the current batch). There are C-cell plastic adapters that hold one AA cell, and D-cell adapters that take two in parallel. No more leaks :)