Re: OT: MC12080 prescaler chip weirdness

Michael Dunn

Edited

Thx for the replies, tho, believe it or not, I *can* read and follow a datasheet, usually... ;-}

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153648250450
Looks like a good board...

Admittedly, I'm not using a great layout...it's built on a little "Surfboard"(?) thingy. Vcc was kinda noisy at first, but that disappeared once I tacked a second decoupler as close to the pins as possible. Still divides by 2.

I'm heartened by one of the posts I read, where he'd tried a couple chips from Chinese sellers, which divided by 2, then one from a UK source, which worked. I've ordered a couple from Greece(!), so I'm sure they'll be good...???