Re: How to troubleshoot a faulty 7B92A?

Harvey White

The horizontal line is generated, of course, by the 7B53.  That the line is in the middle or can be adjusted so suggests that the position control and circuitry into the frame is working.  Now what doesn't work in the vertical compartment would be blanking, which would make no sense to have.

What I suspect is that the sweep is never triggering, remains in a holdoff state.  That would blank the display, which I think you see.

I'd be looking at the sweep.

Harvey

On 3/19/2021 4:56 PM, Thierry Delaitre via groups.io wrote:
thanks both

I've tried putting the 7B92A into the left vertical slot

I can see a horizontal line which I can move up and down using the position button of the 7B92A

There is no sweep coming up. the line remains horizontal

Thanks

Thierry