Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-4070
http://www-smirc.stanford.edu

On 3/13/2021 17:24, n4buq wrote:
The mini-BNC (MBNC) connectors are cuter.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Dutky" <jeff.dutky@gmail.com>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2021 6:27:08 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] SMB Adaptor (again)

Tom,

Clearly my complete unfamiliarity with RF equipment of any kind betrays me.

They're awfully cute little connectors. I'm a bit surprised that they weren't
used more frequently on the various plug-in families: space is quite limited
on those front panels.

My main exposure to RF connectors is the tiny, right angle coax connectors
used on modern laptops for the WiFi antennas. I expect that they are not
rated for a large number of connect/disconnect cycles.

-- Jeff Dutky