Re: Provenance of your vintage gear

Jonathan Pyle

When I was in high school a retired professor who had a long-time habit of buying electronic equipment at military surplus (https://alumnae.mtholyoke.edu/blog/in-memoriam-professor-emeritus-curtis-smith/) heard I was interested in electronics and gave me an RM45 along with a CA and 1L5. The devices lived in various basements for years until I decided relatively recently to attempt to bring them back to life. Now I am somewhat addicted to buying 1950s/1960s era Tektronix gear off of eBay. My gear has tags from the Air Force and McDonnell Douglas but may have had many other owners.