Re: front protective cover for 2455b with dmm

Scott,

these do exist, but they are exceedingly rare. I have been searching for one for the past few months, and have only seen them sold along with the scope, and then only a couple of times.

I have a 2465 (no A, no B) with the DMM option, and I am currently using a chunk of closed-cell packing foam, with holes carved out for the knobs, in place of a front cover, so that the scope can be stood on its face in order to remove the case. I would like to try having the corners of a cover 3D printed, and then glue them together with larger panels of plastic to make a better-looking, and more durable DIY cover, but that project is far down on the list.

-- Jeff Dutky