After looking more at the situation, I believe the only answer is
to remove the Vertical Input assembly. That's not going to happen.
So, I repaired as much as I could and re-assembled the scope. The
only missing function is the Variable input on Channel A. I can live
Thanks for all the responses and offer of parts.
73, Dick, W1KSZ
From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> on behalf of SCMenasian <email@example.com>
Sent: Friday, March 5, 2021 10:56 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Replacing Variable Vertical Attenuator Shaft
Several years ago, I had some fiberglass rod in my junk collection. I think it was a part of a fishing rod. I used it for just this sort of thing and I think the diameter was close to 1/8". Also, if Amazon has delrin, I would prefer it to nylon.