Re: Replacing Variable Vertical Attenuator Shaft



I parted out some 7000-series plug-ins that were not repairable. I believe
I have some of those G-10 rods. They connect to pots via a coupler with two
set screws. If that rod is what you need, let me look at what I have and
I’d be glad to send you one. If they are longer than 7”, it would be simple
to cut it to length.

You can contact me off list if you wish or reply here. My e-mail is:
sonodocsch at gmail dot com.

Steve Horii

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 20:47 Dick <> wrote:

The shaft is a piece of G-10 rod that's about 7" long. It goes
from the Front panel to a bushing buried in the Vertical Amplifier.

I thought I would ask before I butcher the job.

I am located in Vail, Arizona. About 20m SSE of Tucson.

73, Dick, W1KSZ
From: <> on behalf of Waltzingbear
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021 10:57 AM
To: <>
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Replacing Variable Vertical Attenuator Shaft

I bet that is an AB mod pot, in which case you can repair the pot with a
new shaft part. What is the length of the shaft?

oh, and what part of the world are you located in.


Join to automatically receive all group messages.