From: Chuck Harris <cfharris@erols.com>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Mar 4, 2021 4:05 pm
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 547 HV Transformer: Bill Schell rewind failed

Hi Bernd,

I guess the biggest indicator of a scatter wind would be
the presence of a spool.  The universal wind doesn't require
any additional support.

In addition to talking to you, I talked to Deane Kidd, and
Deane talked about Bill using beeswax, like tektronix did in
the earlier transformers.

But, like you, it has been a looong time, and I don't think
our memories are getting any better.

-Chuck Harris

widgethunter via groups.io wrote:
Hi Chuck;Assumed scatter because of the larger size of Schell rewinds.It has been a looong time, but I think I'd remember if he'd said anything about epoxy...B