Re: [HP-Agilent-Keysight-equipment] Two Simpson VOMs!

greenboxmaven

The Simpson 260 was almost a cult object among elevator and industrial control technicians for decades, and is still preferred by many even  today.  I was in the US Air Force 1969-73, and also started out as a ground radio tech, but managed to transition to navaids. The PSM-6 multimeter was the one  the younger people thought was The Ultimate, and by far the most common. There were some Simpson 260s  and Triplett 630s, but they were outnumbered ten times over by the the PSM-6.   Most of the scopes we had were Tektronix 524s, with a few LaVoie clones. If you could fenagle a 545,  you had the best.  A 555?  Not in this life!

      Bruce Gentry, KA2IVY

On 3/4/21 2:16, Richard R. Pope wrote:
Hello all,
    I was thinking about this and this why these Simpsons are important to me. When I joined the AF I became a Ground Radio Serviceman. One the instruments that I learned on was a Simpson 260. I hope everyone can understand why it is important to me that these two instruments end up in the hands of a collector. I cherish them and I want to see them preserved.
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich