Re: [HP-Agilent-Keysight-equipment] Two Simpson VOMs!

Richard R. Pope

Hello all,
I was thinking about this and this why these Simpsons are important to me. When I joined the AF I became a Ground Radio Serviceman. One the instruments that I learned on was a Simpson 260. I hope everyone can understand why it is important to me that these two instruments end up in the hands of a collector. I cherish them and I want to see them preserved.
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!

On 3/3/2021 11:31 PM, Richard R. Pope wrote:
Dave,
I agree but I am passed the collecting stage. The Simpsons are all
that I have left of my electronics stuff except for one DMM that I am
keeping. I would just like to find someone or someones that would make
me a reasonable offer before I die so that they don't end up in the
trash.
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!

On 3/3/2021 11:27 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
On 3/3/21 8:23 PM, saipan59 (Pete) wrote:
I have a couple of 260's (one old, one newer), and a 360 (7-segment
LED display, but the case is almost the same as the 260).
Also have a 650 transistor tester accessory (clamps onto the bottom
of a 260).

Just braggin' !
Neat! I've seen these 360s around and I've long been curious about
them, but I know nothing about them. I should dig up the schematic.

Some time ago a friend gave me another
clamps-to-the-bottom-of-a-260 option, the Model 657 milliohmmeter
adapter. I've not tried it out yet, but it seems like an interesting
option.

I wasn't aware of the Model 650 transistor tester option. That
sounds like it might be very handy!

-Dave