Re: PCB sockets for plug-in xtors/etc.

Dennis Tillman wrote:

40 years ago I worked for a company that used pins similar to the ones Tek used.
They were filled with a similar material. They came on a flexible 1/4" mylar ribbon
for automatic insertion into a PCB.
I have seen something similar on GRiD laptops from the early to mid-80s, used for extra low-profile socket mountings on the CPU and FPU, for example. The original strips had a seal or gasket just like the Tek sockets. I was unable to find modern equivalents with the seal/gasket. I ended up ordering several strips of Advanced Interconnections Peel-A-Way sockets, but my sources for those have subsequently dried up.

-- Jeff Dutky