Re: Tracking generator compatibility question

Attilio

Hi Kim,
I am modifying a TR503 to TR502 to use it with an SA 7L13, but it's not as simple as it sounds. The 2072 MHz oscillator must be forced to oscillate at 2095 MHz (I added a 180 ohm resistor in series to the "Iosc" line), then the 55 MHz quartz must be replaced with a 52.5 MHz one (to find it with 5 ppm ) and re-calibrated the four-cavity filter (BPF) from 2182 MHz to 2200 MHz.
Maybe it was easier to buy a TR502, but they cost a lot (they offered it to me at 4500 USD) and it is almost impossible to find.

--Cheers
Attilio