From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> On Behalf Of Siggi
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 5:31 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] 465B shielded transformer?

Hey y'all,

After the talk about grounding and X caps, etc, I figured I'd take a look at the 465B power supply schematic. To my surprise, it's a linear supply, no switching there and hence no noise suppression X/Y caps.
What really caught my eye is that the mains transformer also looks to be shielded. Is this commonplace in scopes of the era?

Siggi