Re: 465B strange ripple

Eric

Are you by any chance using LED or florescent lighting and is the scope
being operated out of the case when this is occuring?

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021, 3:39 PM Michael Perkins via groups.io <holdoff08=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

The scope's vertical amplifier is completely differential after the input
phase splitter, so it sounds like the ripple must be injected before the
phase splitter. The phase splitter is a matched jet if I remember
correctly, so I think it must be a source before the gets. The fetus input
impedance is very high, so a stray field could be the culprit. Making sure
the grounding is consistent might lead you to the solution. Mike
On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 6:56 AM, Stephen<stephen.nabet@gmail.com>
wrote: Thanks Raymond,

I can’t dish out that kind of money for a UPS at the moment.

Thanks for the tip and explanations anyway.