From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Ford
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 2:28 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 465B strange ripple

Yes, it's a good idea to have a UPS (or even more than one), for more than just this project. Jim Ford Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Raymond Domp Frank <hewpatek@gmail.com> Date: 2/25/21 5:04 AM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 465B strange ripple On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 01:49 PM, Stephen wrote:>> I would gladly try this and do what Jouko suggested. However, I don’t have> neither a car battery nor an inverter at my disposal at this time>>Hi Stephen,That's why I came up with a "UPS" (Uninterruptible Power Supply) in my previous message. The kind I had in mind is a self-contained shoebox-sized device, containing a battery and an inverter. You connect them to the mains to charge the battery and feed your equipment. When you pull the plug, the inverter takes over - if the battery is charged. Computershops sell them. Expect to spend at least a few hundred Euros for the better ones, i.e. the ones having "softer" output waveforms and better output voltage regulation.The better ones also contain noise filters for the mains power, although they won't filter sinusoidal frequencies of around 50 Hz, the main symptom of your problem. Google "APC UPS" to get started.Raymond