Re: Help replacing a resistor/inductor in SG503

Jared Cabot

Hi all,
The resistor in question is definitely 47ohm, I was able to read the colour code on the resistor, so I assume it is required for damping or the like instead of just a former.
I think I'll try to replicate the original part as close as possible to avoid chasing my tail.

I wonder if lower value resistors in this application are critical enough that the usual carbon comp resistor value drift is a concern? Should I look at the other inductors of this construction type or avoid poking the bear? There are 5 or so of varying values around the place.