Re: Sampling head extender missing coax connectors

-

"They could be dsub coaxial contacts, as used in 13W3 connectors. I'd have
to measure it.

...beats me."

If they are then those same contacts were used in some of the old Sun
and SGI monitors and you might be able to get one of the video cables and
rob the connectors out of it. HP also used the same contacts in various
extender and unit interconnect cables.

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 7:27 PM snapdiode via groups.io <snapdiode=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Whoever did that did a pretty despicable thing... This connector kind of
looks like a SMB but isn't. The manual seems to suggest it is built of
parts intended for other things.

The inner female conductor is a DM53740-5001 which still exists today

https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/ITT-Cannon/DM53740-5001/?qs=qCxwlXJ4fnyo0PCCdeMbuA==

...which says it's meant for RG187 or RG188 coax, which leads to these
connectors

http://www.coax-connectors.com/products/cables/ab/rg187.aspx
http://www.coax-connectors.com/products/cables/ad/rg188.aspx