Re: Looking for 067-0625-00 Peak-to-Peak Detector Photos

Jared Cabot

Do you remember how the signal passed through from the cavity to the PCB?
It appears there is a feed-through capacitor for each diode maybe? Do you remember if the 50ohm resistor had this too or if it was just passing through a simple hole?

Thanks!
Jared

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 12:00 PM, Kerry Burns wrote:

As far as I can remember it was fairly simple – as per the third photo in
the album (the one with the red tape). The 50ohm resistor is soldered directly
to the centre pin of the GR-874 and the two diodes to the ground.  Despite
the warnings in the manual about disturbing this RF cavity, my peak detector
seemed to test ok after the repair.  I had no choice anyway as the 50 ohm
resistor was broken in half.  I was just careful to select the new resistor
to measure as close as possible to the correct value.

Kerry