Re: Tm500 Extender on eBay

So if I bought one of these extenders and filed chamfers on either side of each key slot, would that make these safe to insert?

This sort of extender seems guaranteed to experience torque since it has nothing to engage the slot guides, and it sounds like a little torque can also damage the mainframe slots.

I'm not too concerned about the price (have you SEEN what a 7000-series flexible extender costs?!?), and this is only $10 more than what appears to be a genuine Tektronix TM500 extender (which, oddly, doesn't have any key slots cut in the card edge connector). The genuine Tek extender also does not engage the guides, so I assume that it will also tend to be torqued on insertion. Is there something else that makes this modern extender unsuitable?

-- Jeff Dutky