Re: Shipped They Are

Dave Seiter

Thank you for your effort!  Can't wait for the boards to get here!
-Dave

On Thursday, February 11, 2021, 02:43:49 PM PST, Larry McDavid <lmcdavid@...> wrote:

TekScope and TEK500 Group members who asked to join the group purchase
of circuit board sets for Jared Cabot's TM500 tester should be pleased
to learn I have packaged and today shipped from Anaheim, California all
(roughly 75) the sets of these circuit boards to those members who paid.

All single-set orders, including the 17 international orders, shipped
First Class Package in a heavyweight flat mailer, with a stiffener inside.

I had expected to ship two-set orders by the same means but those boards
are heavier than I expected and combining two sets makes the weight
exceed what is allowed for First Class Package. Instead, I shipped those
sets by USPS Priority Mail padded envelope; this is an "any weight"
envelope so I put all of each order in one USPS envelope. But, frankly,
I was not too pleased with the durability of the padded envelope so I
still included the heavyweight flat mailer I used for the single-set
orders, placing that inside the USPS padded envelope; the fit was a bit
tight so I trimmed the heavyweight envelope.

I do have USPS tracking numbers for all these shipments. I'm considering
how I might correlate those tracking numbers with each member but have
not yet decided to do it. If you have immediate interest in the tracking
number, just contact me. I expect domestic USA shipments to be delivered
by mid next week or earlier. International orders? I have no idea!
Customs forms were needed for every international shipment so those
folks will have to deal with their local customs policies and schedules.

The boards are individually sealed in poly bags and the bags are wrapped
with stretch film against the stiffener. Don't use a knife to cut that
film! Instead, just find the end and unwrap the film. There is a
"From/To" label inside each envelope for safety.

There were a lot of unhappy folks behind me in line at the post office
today! The postal clerk had to twice clean the thermal print head of his
label printer while servicing these shipments!

What fun this has been! NOT...

Please remember that I am only the messenger here and contact Jared
Cabot if you have questions about building the boards. I've been too
busy packaging board sets to start building my own tester!

--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, California  (SE of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)