Re: TM50X DC ripple?

Eric

I recently had to do a 5006 for the same issue. In my cause it was causing
frequency bounce on a sg503. It was really hard to keep the 503 stable.

Eric

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021, 10:56 AM Michael W. Lynch via groups.io <mlynch003=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Followup after bulk filter cap replacement.

I replace all 7 Bulk filter caps in the TM506 with modern caps and the
little PC board adapters. I used 105C 3000 hour rated NICHICON LGU and LGY
caps 4 - 5600uF 63V and 3 - 22000 uF 25V.

Testing the ripple after repairs I get:

+33.5V @ 23 mV ripple / -33.5V @ 33mV ripple / +11.5V LP @ 18 mV ripple /
+11.5V HP @ 20mV ripple.

This seems to indicate that even my TM504 caps are not as "good" as the
ones that I installed here. Perhaps I will need to consider replacing
those caps at some point?

Thanks to all who commented and offered advice.
--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR