Re: TDS510 or TDS460A or 485 scopes as upgrade

Ozan

485 if still available is about 220-40USD (local pickup).
I usually wait for a unit with an issue at a lower price but the reason I get them is I like the puzzle of the debug so it may or may not work for you. I paid $60 for a unit with a power supply short, later it turned out it had dirty switches and a bad timebase capacitor.

2465b is about 600+ usd shipped (out of my budget but I may decide to spend
this money).
2467b is over 800 (honestly out of my budget)
My comment above applies, you may want to wait for the right unit these prices seem too high for just a hobby unit.

How to tell 2465b from a pimped/fake 2445b?
There was a message chain in eevblog about it (you can search "fake 2465B"). I don't remember the details.

Another question, with 2465b would it be possible to have a screenshot through
HPIB? I had a quick look at the commands and seems not.
Since there is no ADC you can't read back the signal or take a screen shot from GPIB.

Ozan