Re: Dark deposit on pins near leaking SMD electrolytic caps

Ozan

Hi Raymond,

A lot has been written about cleaning methods. AFAIR, thorough washing with an
acidic solution has been suggested and neutralizing afterward by thorough
neutral rinsing. I have used soaking for about an hour in 50% diluted
household vinegar, rinsing and brushing off solids, soaking in washing-up
Good idea with 50% diluted vinegar to neutralize the deposit. The deposit seems to be basic (opposite of acidic). I thought DeOxit would be acidic (pH is not disclosed in SDS) but it seems to be too mild to neutralize electrolyte deposit.

Ozan