Re: Dark deposit on pins near leaking SMD electrolytic caps

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 03:03 AM, greenboxmaven wrote:

However, I can imagine some very bad problems if the electrolyte got into a
connection that connects with one of the inner layers. How would you deal with
that?
Electrolyte does go into vias and damages them and inner layers. That's why your best hope is the thorough and time-consuming procedure that I described earlier. It has worked for me in most cases, at least in the 'scopes I mentioned earlier.

Raymond