Re: Dark deposit on pins near leaking SMD electrolytic caps

greenboxmaven

The Sonys have three layer boards, I didn't have any problems. However, I can imagine some very bad problems if the electrolyte got into a connection that connects with one of the inner layers. How would you deal with that?

Bruce Gentry, KA2IVY

On 2/9/21 20:44, Raymond Domp Frank wrote:
On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 02:38 AM, greenboxmaven wrote:

I have restored some Sony video recorders that were loaded with the bad
condensers.
The affected Tek 'scopes use multilayer boards, making a slightly more intricate procedure advisable.

Raymond