Re: 2445B 2467B - non Tek probes

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 08:08 PM, Ondrej Pavelka wrote:

The main difference I noticed was the amount of noise/interference picked
up. I was surprised because the probe cable length as well as the ground
wire length is the same
That's very strange. I am not aware of these Tek probes picking up any significant noise/interference, let alone significantly more than competitive probes. Of course, all kinds - frequencies and signal levels - of external sources may influence the signal as it comes out of the probe but again, it shouldn't be significantly worse than other probes. A 500 MHz high-impedance 10x probe's output may - and will - show more HF noise entering it than a 100 MHz 10x, of course.

Raymond