Re: 2465B CTT options board faults

Chuck Harris <cfharris@...>

I just finished remotely helping a friend with his scope,
and was getting my confidence pretty well shaken when two
trigger hybrids both failed. It took a third, this time
from our friend in Greece, to fix the problem.

As I said earlier, there is a booming business in selling
almost good trigger hybrids on ebay.

The CTT and the automatic frequency measurement both use
a function in the trigger hybrid that isn't used by any other
scope function.

A perfectly performing scope can have a trigger hybrid that
won't measure frequency, or work with the CTT.

I wish I could say that just replace this part or tweak that
pot, and your hybrid will come back to life, but I haven't
figured out what that part is, or where that pot resides...

-Chuck Harris

Jean-Paul wrote:

Dear Chuck: Many thanks

I had tested the U500 trigger hybrid by exchanging for another from ebay (got two for $30) not from our friend Alex.

Neither of the exchanges made any difference.

Instead I should use a known good scope with working CTT . I can also swap out the option board of a know good CTT.

All the Best,

Jon