Re: Extracting a buggered knob grubscrew


I ordered this set when I had to remove some damaged 1/8 inch o.d. set
screws in some door hinges. <>
They worked like a charm for that use but you'll probably need smaller ones
for the set screws in the Tektronix knobs. If Amazon doesn't have them then
try an industrial supplier like MSC or Grainger.

If you can't find any then use the shank of an old small drill bit or
a piece of drill rod and grind it into the shape of a spade bit and then
reharden it. It doesn't need to be an effective drill, you just want
something that will dig in and twist the set screw in a counter clockwise

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 8:29 AM David Slipper <> wrote:

Where did you get your set of left-handed drills ???

On 02/02/2021 12:31, - wrote:
I have a set of them and I keep them in their own protective box and
used only to remove stubborn set screws and broken bolts. For me left
bits work *much* better than Easy Outs for removing broken bolts and
buggered set screws.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 8:43 PM Bob Albert via <bob91343=> wrote:

Join to automatically receive all group messages.