Re: User Experience of Sampling Scopes

Jim Ford wrote:

SMA is only rated for something like 100 mating cycles, maybe less, while the 3.5 mm is rated for 2000 cycles.
Is this true?

I just got a tinySA and I'm going to have to get some adapters for the SMA connectors, pronto, if I have to worry about them wearing out in only 100 matings.

The Amphenol web site says minimum of 500 mating cycles (https://www.amphenolrf.com/connectors/sma-connectors.html) which is still seems pretty low, but if you look at other types of connectors that seems to be the most they will commit to (e.g. BNC also says minimum 500 mating cycles).

-- Jeff Dutky