From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> on behalf of John Williams via groups.io <books4you4=mail.com@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2021 3:32 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] The reason for Tek delay lines

As far as I know coax was never used in any delay lines inside Tektronix scopes. When the technology developed specialized delay cable was constructed as solid state drivers with higher impedance were developed. The 519 delay line may have been made from existing coax, but take a look at the size. This is my understanding anyway. The technology was developing by Tektronix engineers as they went, and Howard had to agree with everything. What the hell, it certainly worked.