Re: Bandwidth vs rise time of digital 'scopes: Behavior of the TDS3054

n49ex

I have a couple of TDS3054Bs and have had one TDS3064A, and have done rise time and -3dB measurements on them. Just as others have mentioned, I saw around 700pS rise times and 600MHz -3dB points - on both the '54 and '64! Exactly the same! So, my guess is that Tek somewhere along the line decided to sell a 600MHz labelled version of what was essentially the same electronics because somebody said they could do so (legitimately by some measure), but then had second thoughts or maybe the engineers told the marketing folks to back off!

Reinhard