From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Harris via groups.io <cfharris=erols.com@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 7:12 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 549 transformer question

Both the primary and secondary will still work, but the loss is
a per turn sort of thing. Why keep a lossy primary on a good
secondary? Especially when the primary is only 60T, and can be
wound any way you want.

-Chuck Harris

greenboxmaven via groups.io wrote:
Does the primary winding survive, can a new secondary be wound over it, or is it also
unusable?

On 1/29/21 17:17, Tom Lee wrote:
Chuck has done more extensive research into this than anyone I know. It appears
that it is a chemical change, not simple moisture absorption/adsorption. Must
replace or rewind.

Bruce Gentry, KA2IVY