Re: Tek 576 possible power supply failure

Michael W. Lynch

Martin,

Well, at least you can mark those off the list of possible causes. I had a couple of bad bulk filter caps in the power supply that loaded down the supply as well. The 5V supply is especially vulnerable to this. I also found several shorted electrolytic caps scattered around that added load as well. Perhaps you could measure the load on each individual supply at the LV power supply and determine which one is drawing excess current? I had to go back and isolate each supply individually to finally locate the source of the excess load.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR