Re: 3 Books still sitting in USPS NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTERS

kim.herron@sbcglobal.net

I work for USPS. The machines that were taken out of
service, in many cases, are machines that were slated to
be retired 5 to 8 years ago. They've been setting in plants
unused and slated for disposal for a while. There is one
whole plant in Kalamazoo that's been setting unused for
at least 5 years.
The short story is that between the virus issues and
upper management not permitting the hiring of temp
workers and paying extra for full time employees to get
stuff done, they can't get stuff moved. There are
THOUSANDS of semi-trailers all over the country with
mail setting in them
that isn't being sorted and moved. It varies around the
country. It's not the machinery that's the issue. It's that
there isn't enough people and money to get the job done.
IF you are sending ANYTHING through USPS, it needs to
be Priority, Express, or registered. Anything else is a
crap shoot. I've been using FEDEX to things shipped
because they at least are hiring people and their costs
are not as high as UPS.

On 21 Jan 2021 at 5:12, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Weren't the machines that they retired from the first generation,
that were
installed 30 years ago? I remember them being installed in Central
Florida
at that time. We got frantic phone calls from the sorting center
looking
for some very specific trim pots to repair the brand new machines
before
they could be pressed into service. That generation of machines was
always
problematic, and should have been replaced years ago. I was working
forr a
resource recovery business who wholesaled surplus parts and
equipment to
the area's surplus dealers. Some of the components were already EOL,
when
the machines were built.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 7:29 PM <WCOFFIN1@gmail.com> wrote:

the postal system has been trashed to some degree, many of their
high speed
sorters were taken out of service last year, I didn't get my
utility bill
here until after it was due this time.
The usps uses a priority system when loading shipments within
their system
and "media mail" are lowest priority (and the lowest cost) so they
will sit
and wait until most of the others of are shipped out.

<
_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=icon
Virus-free.
<
_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=link
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 12:20 AM Dennis Tillman W7pF
<dennis@ridesoft.com>
wrote:

This book has been in the PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION
CENTER
since
Jan 8 and it hasn't moved.
Tracking #: 9549016335941002722853, Bryn Mawr PA 19010

These two books are still in the SEATTLE WA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION
CENTER
since I mailed them on Jan 2.
Tracking #: 9549016335941002723034, Wichita, KS 67212
Tracking #: 9549016335941002723140, Reno, NV 89511

Dennis Tillman W7pF

Kim Herron W8ZV
kim.herron@sbcglobal.net
1-616-677-3706