Re: P6137 scope probe repair

Tom Lee

Hi John,

I see that the 070-4210-01 manual isn't on tekwiki, and after an exhaustive 5 second google search, I can't seem to find one on the web. Do you know of an online source for it? (I'll keep googling, but being the lazy SOB that I am, I thought I'd ask you first.)

And if it isn't online, could I perhaps prevail upon you to scan it (even crudely) and upload it to tekwiki? My database is limited largely to what I've been able to get from online sources, plus whatever reverse engineering I've done, which means that my database is pretty complete until I get to the era when Tek began to reconsider their documentation philosophy. The P6131 is right at the 3dB corner...

Thanks again!

--Tom

--
Prof. Thomas H. Lee
Allen Ctr., Rm. 205

On 1/17/2021 15:08, Tom Lee wrote:
Thank you for that information, John! I deeply appreciate it. Are you aware of any other examples?

—Cheers,
Tom

Sent from my iThing, so please forgive typos and brevity.

On Jan 17, 2021, at 3:03 PM, John Gord via groups.io <johngord=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Tom,
The p6131 2m and 1.3m probes used a T-coil in the compensation box. (Schematic in manual 070-4210-01)
--John Gord

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 01:11 PM, Tom Lee wrote:
Next, your trivia about T-coils makes it sound like many probes use
them. As far as I am aware, the total number is two: P6047 and the
oddball 1kilohm P6048. If you are aware of any others, I would very much
like to know their model numbers so that I can update my spreadsheet.
T-coils are very much the /exception/, rather than the rule, in probes.